Attend our City Driver and Part-Time Freight Handler Hiring Event on August 20th, 2021!
Date: August 20th, 2021
Location: FedEx Freight, 1451 Hanthorn St. Cadillac, MI 49601
-- Part-Time Freight Handlers --
Starting pay: $18.91. This starting pay wage ends on 30 SEP.
Shift Start Time: 5:30am-4:30pm
Shift End Time : 10am-9pm
Transport freight across dock area to/from trailers for loading to trailers.
• High school diploma or equivalent, preferred
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Prior experience in warehousing, freight handling and/or fork lift operations preferred
• If hostler/yard mule duties required, experience preferred
-- City Drivers --
Starting pay: $ 28.93 This starting pay wage ends on 30 SEP.
Pick up and deliver freight between Service Centers and customers and support the selling process
• Must possess a class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with double/triple, hazardous materials and tank endorsements. Automatic transmission CDL restriction allowed.
• Must possess one (1) year experience within most recent three (3) years or successful completion of FedEx Freight Driver Development Course
• Must possess acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) based on hiring standards
• Must meet all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements under section 391 of the Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) regulations
• Long combination vehicles (LCV) (i.e. Triple Trailers, Rocky Mountain Doubles, and Turnpike Doubles) are operated in the states of AZ, CO, FL, ID, IN, KS, MT, ND, NV, OH, OK, OR, SD and UT. LCV Drivers in these states must meet the Long Combination Vehicles (LCV) Qualification and Certification Minimum Standards
• Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
• Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
• Ability to lift/carry hand freight weighing up to 100 pounds several times a week.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, bend, twist, squat, climb in and out of truck
• Ability to follow instructions and complete required training
• Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
Are you an employer interested in reserving a job fair exhibitor booth?
Let's get started...
Take your friends with you!