Saddle Ranch Valencia Open interviews for Bartenders, Host, Servers and Linecooks [see job responsibilities]
Dates and times of Interviews:
Thursday, December 7, 2017 from 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Friday, December 8, 2017 from 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Hablamos ESPANOL !
The Saddle Ranch Chop House, Valencia
24201 Valencia Blvd. #102. Santa Clarita 91355
Rate of pay for Bartenders, Servers and Host: $10.50 an hour plus tips
Rate of pay for Line cooks: $13.00 -$16.00 per hour [depending on experience]
Responsibilities for Bartenders:
• Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages
• Interact with customers, take orders and serve food and drinks
• Assess customers' needs and preferences and make recommendations
• Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
• Plan and present bar menu
• Check customers' identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
• Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
• Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
• Comply with all food and beverage regulations
• Excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
• Sell Saddle Ranch Souvenirs
Responsibilities for Servers:
• Write patrons food orders on order slips, enters orders into ALOHA for transmittal to kitchen staff
• Prepare checks that itemize total meal cost and sales taxes
• Takes orders from patrons for food or beverages
• Checks guest identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcohol beverages
• Answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request - upsell
• Clean tables or counters after guest have finished dining
• Prepare hot or cold beverages
• Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties
• Arrange tables or dining areas
• Explain how various menú ítems are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods
• Stock Service áreas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware
• Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for customers
• Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, and condiments
• Sell Saddle Ranch Souvenirs
Responsibilities for Host:
• Treats all guests in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strives to exceed guests' expectations.
• Takes names on a waiting list.
• Sell Souvenirs
• Runs the floor plan board.
• Observes tables and keeps track of clean, dirty and occupied tables.
• Takes guest information and quotes wait times to guests accurately when tables are not immediately available.
• Cleans, organizes and stocks menus at host area.
• Answers phone and answers questions concerning the menu and restaurant.
• Interacts with guests as they arrive and as they leave the restaurant to ensure positive dining experience.
• Fills to-go orders, if applicable.
• Maintains restrooms throughout shift.
• Sweeps foyer and front entrance area frequently.
• Performs other duties as directed.
Responsibilities for Linecooks:
• Ensure that each and every guest entering Saddle Ranch has an amazing dining experience by preparing and adhering to Saddle Ranch food recipes, and following Saddle Ranch standards such as hot food hot and cold food cold
• Responsible for following recipes, portion controls and presentation specifications
• Maintains station in practicing good safety and sanitation procedures
• Set up, stock and organize work station at the beginning of the shift
• Prepare food items on grill, ovens, steamers, fryers and ensure proper cooking temperatures are reached
• Ensure correct doneness of food items by identifying proper color, consistency, firmness and temperatures required for all items; pass on correct and completed item to the Food Runner
• Understand and know proper cook times for all items to ensure correct doneness is achieved as ordered; visually check item for proper color and texture; know how and when to reject product for poor quality
• Assists with the cleaning, sanitation and organization of kitchen, including but not limited to walk-in coolers, storage areas, dish area, etc.
• Label, date and properly store prepped and cooked food items
• Understand safety practice and correctly set up, operate break down and clean all equipment
• Responsible for knowing Saddle Ranch recipes
• Practice proper storeroom and inventory control procedures
• Inform management of safety concerns and maintenance issues
• Maintain open communication with management and co-workers
• Ensure strict adherence to all policies and procedures regarding safety, sanitation and food handling
• Assist the front of house and back of house team, including management and other staff members, in various duties upon request
Requirements for all positions
• Proven working experience in position applying for
• Computer literacy
• Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
• Food Handlers card required
• Alcohol Certification card required
• MUST be able to work flexible shifts AM and PM, weekends and ALL holidays
• Career growth potential
• Discounted Shift Meal
• 30% discount when you and your entire guest dine in
• 30% off of Souvenir
• Paid Sick Time (after 90 days)
Please bring your resume for your interviews!