Begin your career with the FedEx Freight Team as a Freight Handler and be a part of one of the most well-known and reliable companies in the world. As a Freight Handler, you will transport freight across the dock area for loading into trailers.
Join us at our Walk-In Hiring Event!
• Part-Time Freight Handlers - $500 Sign-On Bonus
Starting Pay: $18.71
Shift Start Time: 8:00am, 1:00pm, 5:00pm, 9:00pm, 11:00pm
Shift End Time: 1:00pm, 6:00pm, 10:00pm, 2:00am, 4:00am
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
• Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including but not limited to: forklift, pallet jack and hand truck
• Verify documentation matches freight description (e.g. type, weight, hazardous materials), using current electronic or manual system
• Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies (e.g. pallets, straps, rope)
• Recoup/repair damaged freight when necessary
• High school diploma or equivalent, preferred
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Prior experience in warehousing, freight handling and/or fork lift operations preferred
• If hostler/yard mule duties required, experience preferred
• Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
• Basic written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to lift/carry hand freight of varying weights several times a week, to lift dock plates weighing approximately 100 pounds, and to open trailer doors requiring approximately 75 pounds of lift force, up to several times per day or more
• Ability to bend, twist, squat, pushing/pulling freight throughout shift
• Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
Your road to success begins at FedEx Freight.
Pre-Register now to get your name in front of our recruiters ahead of time.
We looking forward to meeting you!
Are you an employer interested in reserving a job fair exhibitor booth?
Let's get started...
Take your friends with you!