Meaningful Work -- Great Experience -- Excellent Benefits
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is a nationwide, non-profit leader in behavioral healthcare. We are looking for dedicated, energetic people with a passion to support adults with special needs.
Thursday January 17, 2019
6980 Falberg Way
Goleta, CA 93117
Bring your resume and be prepared to meet with hiring managers
for an immediate interview.
Please apply on line now if you are interested in scheduling a Group Interview before the Job Fair!
-Food; Refreshments provided-
--Direct Support Professional, Residential and Day Program $11-11.50/hour
--Direct Support Professional, Weisman Residential Facility for the Elderly - $12-13.20/hour DOE . Requires 1 year of experience in a related field. Be certified as DSP Year 1 and DSP Year 2 through the State of California or must obtain within the first year of employment.
--Direct Support Professional II -- Somerset Residential program. $15/hour requires 1 year of experience in a related field and either have completed or be willing to complete the Direct Support Professional Year 1 and Direct Support Professional Year 2 certification through the State of California within the first 6-months of employment.
Residential/Supported Living Program available shifts: 3pm-11pm, 11pm-7am 7 days/week; 7am-9am Mon-Fri; 7am-3pm on weekends and limited weekdays.
Adult Day Program available shifts: Monday through Friday from 9am-3pm.
CNA Full time/Part time 7-3pm 3-11pm 11-7am
Finance Specialist M-F 9-5pm
--High School Diploma or GED required. Experience in a related field is preferred.
--Must have a valid California Drivers License and an acceptable driving record.
--Must be comfortable with providing/assisting with personal care as needed, such as showering, toileting and getting dressed.
--Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical, TB test, drug screen, and DOJ/FBI fingerprint clearance.
Responsibilities of a Direct Care Staff may include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensures Individuals are safe, healthy, and living in a clean environment;
• Assists and supports in the planning, implementation, and documentation of programs designed to meet the social, emotional, physical, and personal needs of Individuals;
• Assists, supports, and instructs Individuals in self-help skills designed to encourage independence;
• Assists, supports, and instructs individuals on activities of daily living such as cooking, cleaning, laundry, budgeting, paying bills, grocery shopping, bathing, toileting and personal hygiene.
• Accompanies Individuals on community outings, medical appointments, and other activities, as indicated;
• Assists with medication administration
• May transfer, lift, move, and transport individuals using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention
• Communicates effectively and tactfully with individuals served, visitors, families, peers, and supervisors
• Must meet all training requirements for the position to include all three levels of Devereux's Safe and Positive Approaches training and have the ability to perform all interventions.
• Must be willing to work with individuals who may exhibit challenging behaviors
Devereux provides a comprehensive health and welfare benefits program to eligible full-time employees, family members, and domestic partners. Benefits offered include, medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, tuition assistance, retirement plan, 24-days of vacation and 8-days of sick time on the first year!
**It is the intent of Devereux to continue to offer these benefits; however, we reserve the right to change or stop them at any time, with or without notice. For additional information, please contact:
Karina Lopez, Recruitment Specialist
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is a drug free workplace. EOE